Saturday, August 11, 2007

K e y L i m e P i e...I can still remember...


Allow me to share to you my very first taste of Key Lime Pie from whereelse in the Florida Keys. I can stillremember that citrusy and fluffy lime pie from a small restaurant that me and my whole family visited called "Manny& Yssa's", they actually serve that famous heart soup -Conch Soup( conch from the squid family) andfor dessert we had ofcourse this wonderful pie. The original crust used to make this pie is graham flour andmelted butter and I wanted to try using a semi-sweet pie crust made from all puropse flour, a little sugar, cold cubed butter, salt, an egg and ice water. The filling is made from yolks, condensed milk, key lime juice and zest,lots of it, a layer ofwhipped cream with sugar and to top it all, marshmallow icing with lime zest as garnsih. Chilled it overnight and served it.Really good...I guarantee you.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
alam mo ba tagal ko na gusto try gumawa nito! hmmm...like your color scheme! been busy...working on a new site...na naman! will let you know pag ok na...