Monday, November 21, 2005

Lasang Pinoy 4:My Version of Quezon's Chami


When my partner said the word "Chami" the first year of our marriage, I said what is that term, never heard of it. This guy brought me to his hometown Quezon Province in Lucena City. I could not imagine that there would be such dish that is simply made of egg noodles, any meat as a component or "sahog" (in Tagalog) and vegetables seasoned with soy sauce, salt and pepper, chopped garlic and onions and sugar. The original I tasted in my in-laws house is somewhat spicy and sweet so you could imagine the impact of what a "traditional Chami" is. I could not perfect it but I will not stop until I hit the right taste of this Quezon's comfort food. My creation was made with squid balls , pork slices, carrots and cabbage. Simple but really good. I don't have precise measurements for this because its all a matter of how you want it to taste. I am happy to at least be able to make a plateful of comfort for him and who know's I come up with another version. Haha, I think cooking is endless. You keep on doing it and learning from it.

Rating: Best for snack or Merienda. Cheap and you don't have to make a meat dish to accompany it. Chami itself is the filling, nutritious and versatile by adding different flavors and their ingredients.You know what, this is soooo good with "Freshly Steamed Rice Cake or Puto". I will make you guys one day ! Try this,i bet they will like you even more.

6 comments:

ces said...

now that's sweet..comfort food ni hunny...e c marco dami comfort food e ..pano yan? post ko lahat? mwahahaha..

Karen said...

Oh yes! I've had a taste of chami and I can imagine why it's comfort food. Very homely but still tasty!

JMom said...

Thanks, ChefKC, just when I thought I've learned all the ways to cook noodles, here comes a new one! :-)

Lani said...

wow, chami looks so delicious, haven't tried the original Quezon chami.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]chefkc.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me show you one truth. Research points that about 70% of all USA adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

first time sex stories dog said...

Surveillance cameras show you were at the hotel inBuckhead this evening when all hell broke loose. A tight lipped grunt escaped her set lips, and then a low wavering, open mouthed moan, as the woman squirmed in the flush of rising heat, her eyes closed shut, a dreamy expression on her face, savoring the pleasures of a masterful lovers hands.
free erotic animal sex stories
true sex stories teen
erotic sex stories black on white
xxx stories
gay cocksucking stories
Surveillance cameras show you were at the hotel inBuckhead this evening when all hell broke loose. A tight lipped grunt escaped her set lips, and then a low wavering, open mouthed moan, as the woman squirmed in the flush of rising heat, her eyes closed shut, a dreamy expression on her face, savoring the pleasures of a masterful lovers hands.