Sunday, August 26, 2007

When I was working in Hotel Dupont, Delaware, I use to make big batches of this classic cake. If there is one thing I enjoyed making in the pastry shop of the hotel , it would be this. I kept searching for another recipe of the cake and I got it the frist time I made it. It has quite a thick batter and really good by the way as it is, remember those days when mom makes a simple cake and Im pretty sure that you have tried tasting a raw batter, this one was really good. Lots of eggs and butter where you get the richness of the cake. Just being careful not to over mix this type of cake and it surely gives you a light-to light dense texture. A struesel which is a mixture of crumbly butter, flour, sugar and oats was placed at the bottom of the pan prior baking and why not add more on top after , better and richer...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

want to do this! samia will definitely love this too!!
hey my new website is up and running, i hope it's for keeps:)