Monday, March 12, 2007






Isn't it true that when you hear about pies and tarts being prepared, it is expected to be fruit based and barely filled with other richer fillings. I know having a dessert is an indulgence but you have to enjoy life, therefore food is part of it. This is one product I have made prove that making tarts is versatile. The tart was made of flour, butter, sugar and salt, prebaked at 350F for 30 minutes. As I have said, it was a great challenge to prepare the caramel:
First, but mixing thoroughly the mixture of sugar, a little water and butter in a saucepan until it reaches an amber color, I added the heavy cream onto the hot mixture ,off the flame,and mixed it to make it thicker and creamier. The caramel splatters when you add the cream , so be careful please! I cooled it down and added the chopped dark chocolate pieces, stirred it until all is melted and homogenous. I poured it over the prebaked shell, baked it further for 1 hour at 350 F. Let it cool an depan the tart. I sliced it lengthwise and thinly. This can be served with a light beverage such as tea or citrus flavored water since the dessert itself is rich and yeah it is as good as it looks!

0 comments: