Saturday, December 03, 2005

Chicken, Mushroom and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce

This time its chicken! I first caramelized 1/2 head of red onion until brown in color. Meanwhile, I am seasoning my chicken fillet slices in salt and pepper and tossed it in cornstarch to caot the meat and for a different texture. Also I am blanching my broccoli and carrots that flavored with salt for about 3 minutes till tender. Then after onions had been caramelized, I sautee in my chicken, let that brown, season with lemon pepper, salt and pepper and to make different , I added 2 tsps of Tobasco red sauce. If you want a sweeter taste, add 1 teaspoon sugar. Then the chicken, add in blanched broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. Cook further for about 3 minutes on medium flame. Then add, 1 cup water and let it simmer for 1 minute. Add slurry(mixture of 1/4 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch)to make it thick. Serve on steamed rice or fried rice. So good!


Rating: Another asian dish thats easy to follow and make. Sauce can also be sweet and sour, whatever flavor you want.

0 comments: