Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sauteed Bean Sprout Napoleon



Ways with Wraps

This is basically what we call in the Philippines "lumpia" or more known as vegetable wrap. Above are my versions of crepe and deep fried wonton wrapper. Rather than having the usua; rolled style , stacking them in layers would have a more sophisticated style and you can even upgrade the price of your Lumpia dish because of the Napoleon-style. Isn't that true?People sometimes pay for the name or how it was done, but ofcourse quality is still important. I know somewhat so vegan , because I am, a trying hard vegan,yes! Since I have the pix of the crepes I made which is just :1 cup of flour, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk and 3 1/2 Tbsp. of buerre rouge "browned butter" for flavor. Just put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until very thin smooth. Over a hot Teflon(plugging?) pan or non-stick pan, pour a 8oz or ladleful of crepe batter. Crepes can be made in advance for any upcoming party so you will not have to cram and do them on the day itself. Have them stacked onto each piece and put foil or cut-rite paper in between. Easy and you can have your own "crepe celebration" :Crepe Suzette (Orange flavor), Pear Williams (pear), Banana-based which I have made tonight.

For the Filling:

3 Tbsp. butter

4 Tbsp Brown Sugar

1/2 tsp. Langka(Jackfruit) Extract

3 pcs. Ripe Bananas, Sliced

4 Crepes

2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (my favorite!)

2 comments:

ces said...

zarap!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! Well my no. 1 mentor in blogging is my cuz'n diychef.blogspot.com "ces". This is what I really want to do, cook and bake!