Friday, November 30, 2007

L Y C H E E & P A P A YA Cheesecake...


Seemed local but unusual for a cheesecake but I have always wanted to try making that original New York cheesecake (that of which has a burnt top, plain rich), and this what came out. The cheese I used for the first photo, the Lychee cheesecake is regular cream cheese and the second photo ,the Papaya cheesecake has half cream cheese and half goat cheese. Ths type of custard dessert was baked for just about 325 F. I would bake the Papaya cheesecake longer if I have known the pale color it will exude. I am proud to have been able to make a not-so-ripe Papaya fruit preserve. Back in college, we use a refractometer to have that perfect type of sugar syrup to preserve a certain kind of fruit of which I aspire to have one of these days... local and unusual, very asian as well...

0 comments: