Thursday, March 08, 2007

Popcorn & A Good Movie



top most
Will Smith, left, and Jaden Christopher Syre Smith star in the film, "The Pursuit of Happyness."
The different popcorn versions I made (typical,as a gift,ball,on stick) were simply made just to end my long and tiring day. My son and I always buys caramel popcorn from the grocery and it is really pricy. I think it isn't fair to my son, if would not make one. The popcorn was first cooked with butter,the typo kettle popcorn, I made the caramel:water, sugar, little butter and heavy cream or whole milk will do. Just melt everything but the cream, then off the stove , add the cream while stirring.Careful in pouring the cream onto the caramel mixture because it does splatter, wear kitchen mittens please. Indeed, a bountiful bowl and plates of different popcorn flavors and a good movie. A good thing I must say.
To give you a brief overview of the movie Pursuit of Happyness(starpulse.com):
Set in early-'80s San Francisco, the film charts the hard times and eventual comeback of Chris Gardner, a suddenly single salesman who has custody of his son, but finds that providing for the two of them is a challenge in the increasingly unstable economic climate. He struggles to work his way from unpaid intern at Dean Witter to something more substantial, even as life continues to offer him setbacks.
We had fun together. Now that is my definition of real Happy-ness, a rewarding day, a time for my son and myself. It is really within. I hope you are happy too.



0 comments: